On Fri, 30 Aug 2019, Clem cole wrote: > Btw. The issue with the 68k was Nick Tredenick’s original Microcode did > not save enough information during some of the faults. Les Crudele once > told me, that it turns out he had tried to fix it but there were a > series of errors and some short cuts they used to fit it in the store. > They gave up trying to fix it as the part was purely skunkworks and they > could not respin it at the time. After it succeeded and were a real > project, the difference between the original and the 10 was Nick redid > the microcode but they had made a larger microstore - otherwise > basically the same Si. Yep, that certainly rings a bell. ISTR that Sun had a board with the two CPUs, one keeping an eye on the other. Ah, those were the days :-) Now, we just have to put up with Intel, although I believe the ARM is much better. -- Dave