On Sun, 15 Sep 2019, William Pechter wrote: > They used them internal around '83 when they went to a Rand Editor and  > some *Roff based formatting for their office automation.  The motto for > the IT move to desktop Unix was "Paper Free in '83." > > Soon PC's and laser printers killed any hope of "paper free" as the > staff spent way too much time chosing fonts for BS memos. There was a saying many years ago, from someone whom I've long forgotten: "I'll believe in the paper-less office when I see the paper-less toilet". -- Dave