On Mon, 20 Jul 2020, John Cowan wrote: > I remember reading about something like that, though it's not connected > in my mind with A/UX.  What I do remember is that you had to type "Ls" > to pop up the options window: After all, most of the time you don't > *want* options for  "ls".  On a text terminal, the top half of the > screen became the options window; its scrolling content was restored > when the window was dismissed. I'm glad that it was sort of optional, otherwise it would annoy the hell out of me. SMIT was quite nice although; although it was a GUI (which I loathe), at least it displayed the command that was run as a result (which was just as well!) so you could type it yourself if you liked. -- Dave