On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Michael Kjörling wrote: > If you have at but not cron, then implementing the other doesn't seem > quite as straightforward. It would certainly still be possible, but it > would definitely give rise to the question of "wouldn't it be real nice > if I could set this task up to run on a recurring basis?" followed by > "wouldn't it make more sense for the run-stuff-at-some-time task to run > from the recurring-execution tool, than the other way around?". I've never seen a *nix (since the 70s) that didn't have CRON (in one form or another)... And on my FreeBSD system, "atrun" is called every 5 minutes, so /etc/crontab will need to be edited for finer granularity. -- Dave