On Sun, 26 Feb 2023, John Cowan wrote: > On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 9:40 PM Theodore Ts'o wrote: > >> We just wanted to be able to have multiple xterms >> and Emacs windows. > > In fact that's pretty much what I do to this day: I do everything in > terminals and do browsing etc. elsewhere. I always keep at least one xterm (actually mate-terminal) open and do a lot of my work from it. When I run GUI apps, they're almost always maximized on either one or the other of my two displays (exception for emulators, sometimes). I have the desktop icons completely disabled. -uso.