On Wed, 15 Mar 2023, Clem Cole wrote: > On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 5:22 PM Larry McVoy wrote: > >> >> Is there any market for System V at this point? > > Unlikely, but ... companies are funny about IP rights. A number of us > are working on a more general solution that if we can identify the holders > of the System V IP might help solve this issue. As my father you to say, > "make haste ... slowly." > ᐧ > Certainly if the whole issue could be cleared up favorably, like 3-clause or even GNU, my rewrite would be less necessary to me and I could just clean up the code that already exists. Rewriting ls(1) is major yikes on trikes. -uso.