The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* Re: [TUHS] Does anybody have this book and can look for something for me?
@ 2019-04-10 17:56 Pat Barron
From: Pat Barron @ 2019-04-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

This book can apparently be "borrowed" from the Internet Archive.  I'm not
sure how they do that, haven't tried to, I just see it says you need to
log in to borrow the book for 14 days.

https://archive.org/details/unixprimerplus00wait

--Pat.

* Re: [TUHS] Does anybody have this book and can look for something for me?
@ 2019-04-10 18:35 ` Eric Wayte
From: Eric Wayte @ 2019-04-10 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pat Barron; +Cc: tuhs

The cartoonist was Bob Johnson.  That cartoon is on page 343.

The UNIX Primer Plus was published by Sams in 1983...

--
Eric Wayte

* [TUHS] Does anybody have this book and can look for something for me?
@ 2019-04-10 17:47 Jon Steinhart
From: Jon Steinhart @ 2019-04-10 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

OK, something that's not a ping :-)

I'm trying to track down the author of a cartoon that I'd like to use
in my book so that I can try to get permission.  Last one that I need!

It's a cartoon that I only have on paper and don't know where it came
from.  It has two frames, then and now, the first with a bunch of
cavemen grunting awk, grep, mkdir, yank, the second with a bunch of
people sitting at computers uttering the same.

I recently stumbled upon something that said that these were in a book
called "UNIX Primer PLUS".  Anybody have a copy of that?  If so, can
you please check to see if that's the original or whether they got it
from somewhere else?

Thanks,
	Jon