The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Heinz Lycklama <heinz@osta.com>
To: Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] ACM Fellow, Ken Thompson
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 21:21:19 -0800	[thread overview]

No relation to either V32 or V7. When we started the project
we used the existing version of UNIX that we were selling on
the PDP 11/45 and PDP 11/70 computers. I believe it was V6.
I wrote a lot of documentation and gave a lot of talks and
presentations on the system, but never kept any of the
documentation myself. There may be some documentation
in someone's archives but I did not keep any.

Heinz