To show how current this topic is, there's an interesting and related discussion upcoming at NYC Bug, For the Love of Troff, on Wed @ 18:45 (I'm guessing Eastern), via Zoom: https://www.nycbug.org/index?action=view&id=10678 On 11/30/20 2:11 PM, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > Clem Cole wrote: > >>> I think O'Reilly was the last commercial publisher with a troff toolchain. > They stopped using troff directly well over 20 years ago. > These days if you're using a markup language and their toolset it's > either Asciidoc or docbook. > >> I think it depends on who you are and your editor is at the said firm. Tim >> will still take troff > I assume you mean Tim O'Reilly? He hasn't been involved in the book > side of his business in decades, and as I said, troff isn't in the picture > there. > >> as will John Waite at Pearson. > They farm such things out, they don't accept it in house. > Or the author can provide "camera ready copy", which these days > just means PDF. > >> That said, as Jon can tell you, Bill will not. > No idea who Bill is. > > Arnold -- GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462 7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF