On 06/22/2018 09:17 AM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote: > I understood that as a request that people seem to have forgotten that > In-Reply-To: should be removed when doing the "Yz (Was: Xy)", so that > a new thread is created, actually. Or take me: i seem to never have > learned that at first! I agree that removing In-Reply-To and References is a good thing to do when breaking a thread. But not all MUAs make that possible, much less easy. Which means that you're left with starting a new message to the same recipients. I've also seen how (sub)threads tend to drift from their original intent and then someone modifies the subject some time later. -- Grant. . . . unix || die