The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Bell Labs recruiter
@ 2020-04-15  6:46 Efton Collins
From: Efton Collins @ 2020-04-15  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

I was lucky enough to be in the room last year at VCF East when Ken
told the story of how the move from Berkeley to Bell Labs happened.
Ken's description of his interactions with the Bell recruiter was
entertaining and made clear that persistent effort was needed to get
him to come out to New Jersey and meet some of the people there.

Does anyone know who the recruiter was?

* Re: [TUHS] Bell Labs recruiter
@ 2020-05-11  0:36 ` scj
From: scj @ 2020-05-11  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efton Collins; +Cc: tuhs

I don't know the recruiter, but I remember Ken's wife mock-complaining
"I went clear across the country to get away from home, married Ken, and
he brought me back here two miles from my mother..."

Ask Rob Pike about his recruitment (I was the technical contact, but
it's his story to tell...)

Steve

---