The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: scj@yaccman.com (Steve Johnson)
Subject: [TUHS] Was pcc ever ported to the CDC6600?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:47:27 -0800	[thread overview]

PCC ended up being ported to many dozen different architectures, so
it's quite possible, but I don't recall it being done.  It was kind
of a dinosaur by the early 70's.  I'm not even sure that it had
memory protection, and it certainly didn't have paging.  And the I/O
system was strange.  So porting Unix would have been next to
impossible.

The main thing I remember about the 6600 was that it didn't have
parity bits on its memory.  So people used to run the same program
three times and if two of the answers agreed, they published...

Steve