On 12/1/18 12:53 PM, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: >> As for the configuration: when Norman Wilson moved to Toronto, he >> implemented some form of little language for configuring sendmail, >> treating it somewhat as an assembly language. > > Not from Norman (I'm pretty sure), there was a program called 'ease' > that did just that. Using it, I wrote a sendmail config file *from scratch* > for the computing center and math/cs system at Emory U, where I worked > at the time. Where can I find out more about 'ease' and what Normal wrote & used? I'm quite fond of m4, which I picked up from Sendmail < 20 years ago. > Because of that, the Morris worm totally passed us by. :-) :-) > I think that I have literally forgotten more about sendmail than most > people ever know, and I'm totally OK with that. :-) I do think that I've gotten a better understanding of email, and SMTP in general, than some of my coworkers thanks to Sendmail and my pursuit of making it work. -- Grant. . . . unix || die