On 12/09/20 12:42, Dan Stromberg wrote: > On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 9:08 AM Bakul Shah > wrote: > > Ah .. but I don’t know if they did! The implication that Pascal > folks like complexity seems strange as Pascal is far simpler than > C++ (not much larger than C) and C++ is no more type safe than C > (both are less type safe than Pascal). Anyway I will stop now! > > > I was one of the people who happily left Pascal behind to move to C. > But in retrospect, I think the computing world would've been better > off with Pascal, modified slightly to allow passing variable-length > arrays (like TurboPascal). As Wirth wrote, in retrospect he should have called it Pascal-2, not Modula-2. [COFF, COFF] N.