The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] NetBSD 0.8
@ 2010-11-17  0:15 Jason Stevens
From: Jason Stevens @ 2010-11-17  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't suppose anyone has this kicking around, or any pre-release vax
images of netbsd?

I did manage to get 1.2 installed on SIMH for what it's worth....

Jason
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] NetBSD 0.8
@ 2010-11-18 23:26 ` Jacob Goense
From: Jacob Goense @ 2010-11-18 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I don't suppose anyone has this kicking around,

The closest I ever got to erecting a tomb stone in the form of an
emulator image for the fallen Net/2 derived recompilable operating
environments is a fully patched up 386BSD 0.1.

I can't get 386BSD 1.0 to rebuild itself yet, hence the Moby Dick quote
on gunkies.org for that release. Probably you and I are the only ones
who give 2 GB and those who can have a last name ending in olitz.

Would love to get my hands on NetBSD 0.8/0.9. I assume the USL v UB
settlement resulted in pressure to get them purged. In lieu of the
distribution any good storys on how that went down?

/Jacob

* [TUHS] NetBSD 0.8
@ 2010-12-02 18:46     ` Johnny Billquist
From: Johnny Billquist @ 2010-12-02 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, in my case I know, since I ran NetBSD 0.9 on a VAX... :-)
And a 11/750 at that.

But my hazy memory seems to tell me that the port didn't start working
until some time into 0.9. Looking at the archives, the merging of the
VAX code seems to have been at the 1.0 timeframe. Hmm, my bad... You
will not be able to pull 0.9 out from CVS then.

You might want to try talking to ragge, but I suspect he might not have
any code laying around from the 0.9 timeframe either...

	Johnny

On 12/02/10 16:26, Jason Stevens wrote:
> I was reading something along those lines too, but the 0.9 that I've
> been able to locate doesn't include any vax directory under the kernel
> arch... I'm sure it's in CVS though as it didn't sound mainline
> support.........
> Sorry I forget where I was even reading that from, I think it was the
> wayback machine's versions of the NetBSD webpage.
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se
> <mailto:bqt at softjar.se>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/17/10 03:00, Jason Stevens<neozeed at gmail.com
>     <mailto:neozeed at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         I don't suppose anyone has this kicking around, or any
>         pre-release vax
>         images of netbsd?
>
>         I did manage to get 1.2 installed on SIMH for what it's worth....
>

>     Btw, fwiw, I'm pretty sure VAX only started working with NetBSD 0.9,
>     and the first machine supported was the VAX-11/750.
>
>             Johnny

* [TUHS] NetBSD 0.8
@ 2010-12-02 15:26   ` Jason Stevens
From: Jason Stevens @ 2010-12-02 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)