Hi Bakul, yes non local GOTOs.  In the Algol68C compiler we wrote we used the names setmp and longjmp for the code generation routines to implement non local goto.  So as you say they were not partof the Algol68 language. Steve On 3/12/23 5:10 PM, Paul Winalski wrote: > On 3/12/23, Bakul Shah wrote: >> Perhaps you’re talking about non-local GOTOs in Algol68, where you can jump >> from a nested procedure to a label in a lexically enclosing procedure. >> Pascal has this too. > So does PL/I. > > -Paul W.