Before I got hooked on UNIX in 1977, I used a Univac Exec8 system. You “cataloged” (created) a file with the @CAT command. Other, file operations were done by the File Utility Routine/Program Utility Routine: FURPUR (sort of like pip on steroids). I decided that if I ever got a CAT, it would be named FURPUR. That happened when I was working for Rutgers. Not having any UNIVACs around, the name escaped notice until the EE department hired a guy from the University of Maryland who says “You have a cat named FURPUR?”