On 12/1/18 7:44 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > I'm kinda with Grant on this one. Maybe I misunderstood but what I > thought you did was treat the sendmail.cf as assembler for a weird > processor and then you wrote a higher level language that compiled > down to sendmail.cf. Which, if that's that you did, is pretty studly. > I think Grant was asking what you did the higher level language in, > he was wondering if it was m4 Yep, that's what I was my interpretation and my question. > (which I doubt, if I were doing that it would either be some nasty perl > script that I thought was going to be small but wasn't, or I'd just go > to lex/yacc/C). One of these days I should find out the genesis of the m4 (.mc) file syntax that is used to generate the .cf file. I'm curious why m4 was chosen over other languages. I wonder what the other language options were. I know that I learned m4 because of Sendmail's .mc file. I've since started using m4 for a number of other things. -- Grant. . . . unix || die