* [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-12 23:23 Deborah Scherrer
From: Deborah Scherrer @ 2019-07-12 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

Many, many thanks to Clem Cole for arranging the 50th Unix Anniversary
celebration in Seattle last Wednesday.  It was wonderful to see old
friends again.  Most of these folks are still out in the world sharing
their brilliance in various computing facilities. Lots of very special
people still doing wonderful work!  Thanks, Clem, for the chance to meet
up with them again!

Deborah

* Re: [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-13  1:52 ` Seth J. Morabito
From: Seth J. Morabito @ 2019-07-13  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Deborah Scherrer writes:

> Many, many thanks to Clem Cole for arranging the 50th Unix Anniversary
> celebration in Seattle last Wednesday.  It was wonderful to see old
> friends again.  Most of these folks are still out in the world sharing
> their brilliance in various computing facilities. Lots of very special
> people still doing wonderful work!  Thanks, Clem, for the chance to
> meet up with them again!

I'd like to second this. I truly enjoyed myself at the event, even
though I came in dead last place in the Unics Version 0 B programming
contest :^)

It was a great deal of fun to see so many working Unix systems on
display, even if I did feel quite old seeing so many I worked with when
they were new.

> Deborah

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA, USA

* Re: [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-13 17:53   ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2019-07-13 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seth J. Morabito; +Cc: TUHS main list

You all are most welcome and thank you for being a part of it.  A party is
about the people that come and enjoy each other.  The truth is Stephen
Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and their wonderful team at LCM+L and
the folks at SDF made it so.  What a wonderful venue and super hosts.   I
truly hope folks on this list can support their efforts.  They have a gem
and as a community, we can thank them enough for keeping so much alive.

Clem

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 6:53 PM Seth J. Morabito <web@loomcom.com> wrote:

> Deborah Scherrer writes:
>
> > Many, many thanks to Clem Cole for arranging the 50th Unix Anniversary
> > celebration in Seattle last Wednesday.  It was wonderful to see old
> > friends again.  Most of these folks are still out in the world sharing
> > their brilliance in various computing facilities. Lots of very special
> > people still doing wonderful work!  Thanks, Clem, for the chance to
> > meet up with them again!
>
> I'd like to second this. I truly enjoyed myself at the event, even
> though I came in dead last place in the Unics Version 0 B programming
> contest :^)
>
> It was a great deal of fun to see so many working Unix systems on
> display, even if I did feel quite old seeing so many I worked with when
> they were new.
>
> > Deborah
>
> -Seth
> --
>   Seth Morabito
>   Poulsbo, WA, USA
>   web@loomcom.com

Deborah Scherrer writes:<br>
&gt; Many, many thanks to Clem Cole for arranging the 50th Unix Anniversary<br>
&gt; celebration in Seattle last Wednesday.  It was wonderful to see old<br>
&gt; friends again.  Most of these folks are still out in the world sharing<br>
&gt; their brilliance in various computing facilities. Lots of very special<br>
&gt; people still doing wonderful work!  Thanks, Clem, for the chance to<br>
&gt; meet up with them again!<br>
I&#39;d like to second this. I truly enjoyed myself at the event, even<br>
though I came in dead last place in the Unics Version 0 B programming<br>
contest :^)<br>
It was a great deal of fun to see so many working Unix systems on<br>
display, even if I did feel quite old seeing so many I worked with when<br>
they were new.<br>
&gt; Deborah<br>
-Seth<br>
--<br>
  Seth Morabito<br>
  Poulsbo, WA, USA<br>

* Re: [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-14  0:21     ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-07-14  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:53:18AM -0700, Clem Cole wrote:
>    You all are most welcome and thank you for being a part of it.  A party
>    is about the people that come and enjoy each other.  The truth is
>    Stephen Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and their wonderful team at
>    LCM+L and the folks at SDF made it so.  What a wonderful venue and
>    super hosts.   I truly hope folks on this list can support their
>    efforts.  They have a gem and as a community, we can thank them enough
>    for keeping so much alive.
>    Clem

Yes, thanks so much for all involved in the LCM+L event. I wish I could have
been there. If you took photos/videos of the event, or any at the Usenix ATC,
could you put them up somewhere for us (me) to see!

Thanks,
	Warren

* Re: [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-14  0:22       ` Warner Losh
From: Warner Losh @ 2019-07-14  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Toomey; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 6:21 PM Warren Toomey <wkt@tuhs.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:53:18AM -0700, Clem Cole wrote:
> >    You all are most welcome and thank you for being a part of it.  A
> party
> >    is about the people that come and enjoy each other.  The truth is
> >    Stephen Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and their wonderful team at
> >    LCM+L and the folks at SDF made it so.  What a wonderful venue and
> >    super hosts.   I truly hope folks on this list can support their
> >    efforts.  They have a gem and as a community, we can thank them enough
> >    for keeping so much alive.
> >    Clem
>
> Yes, thanks so much for all involved in the LCM+L event. I wish I could
> have
> been there. If you took photos/videos of the event, or any at the Usenix
> ATC,
> could you put them up somewhere for us (me) to see!

Yea. That would be great...

Warner

&gt;    You all are most welcome and thank you for being a part of it.  A party<br>
&gt;    is about the people that come and enjoy each other.  The truth is<br>
&gt;    Stephen Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and their wonderful team at<br>
&gt;    LCM+L and the folks at SDF made it so.  What a wonderful venue and<br>
&gt;    super hosts.   I truly hope folks on this list can support their<br>
&gt;    efforts.  They have a gem and as a community, we can thank them enough<br>
&gt;    for keeping so much alive.<br>
&gt;    Clem<br>
Yes, thanks so much for all involved in the LCM+L event. I wish I could have<br>
been there. If you took photos/videos of the event, or any at the Usenix ATC,<br>

* Re: [TUHS] Unix 50th celebration
@ 2019-07-16 23:55         ` Mary Ann Horton Gmail
From: Mary Ann Horton Gmail @ 2019-07-16 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

I took a few photos and put them on Facebook.  I just made the posting
public.

https://www.facebook.com/maryannhorton/posts/10157414501692065

     Mary Ann

On 7/13/19 5:22 PM, Warner Losh wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 6:21 PM Warren Toomey <wkt@tuhs.org
> <mailto:wkt@tuhs.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:53:18AM -0700, Clem Cole wrote:
>     >    You all are most welcome and thank you for being a part of
>     it.  A party
>     >    is about the people that come and enjoy each other.  The truth is
>     >    Stephen Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and their
>     wonderful team at
>     >    LCM+L and the folks at SDF made it so.  What a wonderful
>     venue and
>     >    super hosts.   I truly hope folks on this list can support their
>     >    efforts.  They have a gem and as a community, we can thank
>     them enough
>     >    for keeping so much alive.
>     >    Clem
>
>     Yes, thanks so much for all involved in the LCM+L event. I wish I
>     could have
>     been there. If you took photos/videos of the event, or any at the
>     Usenix ATC,
>     could you put them up somewhere for us (me) to see!
>

> Yea. That would be great...
>
> Warner

  <head>
  </head>
      posting public.</p>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.facebook.com/maryannhorton/posts/10157414501692065">https://www.facebook.com/maryannhorton/posts/10157414501692065</a></p>
cite="mid:CANCZdfrL_1+4QsSnDjKJZxWqGeaQmRokdSeqjx0ZKnYj9p=zhg@mail.gmail.com">
              PM Warren Toomey &lt;<a href="mailto:wkt@tuhs.org"
                moz-do-not-send="true">wkt@tuhs.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
              .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Sat,
              Jul 13, 2019 at 10:53:18AM -0700, Clem Cole wrote:<br>
              &gt;    You all are most welcome and thank you for being a
              part of it.  A party<br>
              &gt;    is about the people that come and enjoy each
              other.  The truth is<br>
              &gt;    Stephen Jones, Aaron Alcorn, Rich Alderson and
              their wonderful team at<br>
              &gt;    LCM+L and the folks at SDF made it so.  What a
              wonderful venue and<br>
              &gt;    super hosts.   I truly hope folks on this list can
              support their<br>
              &gt;    efforts.  They have a gem and as a community, we
              can thank them enough<br>
              &gt;    for keeping so much alive.<br>
              &gt;    Clem<br>
              Yes, thanks so much for all involved in the LCM+L event. I
              wish I could have<br>
              been there. If you took photos/videos of the event, or any
              at the Usenix ATC,<br>
              could you put them up somewhere for us (me) to see!<br>

@ 2019-07-17  0:17           ` Arthur Krewat
From: Arthur Krewat @ 2019-07-17  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs