-------- Original Message -------- On Sep 19, 2021, 8:58 AM, Al Kossow < aek@bitsavers.org> wrote: >> For demonstration purpose I put my experiment with a compiler backdoor in a >> public repository >> It's part of my academic project to work on provable compiler security. Sounds like excellent grounds for expulsion. Whatever happened to the people who were submitting poison pull requests at U-Minnesota? It's in his own fork, in a directory called tcc-evil. He's not exactly sneaking it into the distribution. Calling it expulsion-worthy reminds me of the time a guy phoned the FBI because of an article he read in the NYT: Sandia Labs was running botnets in a virtualized environment! (Could the cluster route to the Internet? No, but he didn't know that, and he didn't care; only bad people have botnets) john