John Cowan writes: > Looking at the Internet Archive's copy of 2bsd.com led me to > , which indeed has patch 448 in it, That's not an official patch. It's a collection of improvements by Johnny Billquist. I'm running with a couple of them on my 2.11BSD installations, but disagree with a couple of the others (I don't want the automatic boot, and I do console byte length and parity slightly differently) -- and I have a few mods of my own as well, of course. It's great that Johnny published his changes, but they should really be stored as six suggested improvements, and not in a way that makes them look as if they're yet another patch kit from Steven. -tih -- Elections cannot be allowed to change anything. --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble