Pete Turnbull writes: > The Teletype manual definitely doesn't suggest 3-in-One oil and some > sources suggest it's too thick anyway. The manual in front of me > specifies two Western Electric part numbers for oil and grease. A couple of decades ago, I got hold of a Teletype that sort of worked, but was extremely unreliable. After studying that manual, and deciding that the proper lubrication plan was too complex for my tastes, I just turned the thing on with the top off, and emptied a spray can of CRC 5-56 into the mechanism while exercising the keyboard. It proceeded to work well for my off-and-on use for several years after that. -tih -- Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance of Lisp. Lisp is the most important idea in computer science. --Alan Kay