Win Treese writes: > Of course, as soon as I sent that, I found Dan Halbert’s version of things > at http://www.danhalbert.org/more.html From that page: > I named the program more. This was a daring move at the time, since it > was such a long name for a UNIX command, and was also a real English > word. That makes me wonder... where does pg(1) fit into this history? There's a version of it in the 32V tree in the TUHS archive, but nowhere else, yet it surfaces in modern Unixes such as Solaris and there's a clone in the "util-linux" package. It also shows up in SuSv2 (marked LEGACY, and absent from later versions). Was it part of System III/V?