I wrote: > For what it's worth, I've begun. So far, I've worked backward from > patchlevel 195 to 177. I've had to patch files forward from 2.10.1 a > couple of times, and that's gone without a hitch. Ran into trouble with patch 141. The /usr/src/bin/ld.c file from 2.10.1 is too old; patches from between that and the initial 2.11 are missing, and the file gets deleted and replaced at a later level of 2.11 patches, breaking the history. Patch 141 uncovers the problem. I can make the patches work, of course - but it means that for much of the resulting 2.11 history, /usr/src/bin/ld.c will be wrong. -tih -- Elections cannot be allowed to change anything. --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble