The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: robinb@ruffnready.co.uk (Robin Birch)
Subject: [pups] Bootable media for 2.11BSD
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:00:07 +0000	[thread overview]

In message
<13943.209.143.24.164.1044627110.squirrel at www.chd.dyndns.org>, Chuck
Dickman <chd_1 at nktelco.net> writes
>> Use the maketape program in the sys/pdpstand directory.  You can build
>> this on most things and use it to create a bootable tape with the
>> standalone system which contains all of the tools to set the system up.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Robin Birch
>
>Except I don't think the standalone system supports TMSCP and I think
>that a TK50 is TMSCP.
>
>-chuck

As you will have been told, it is supported, quite well in fact.  I have
run 11/73s and 83s from TK50 and TMSCP exabyte drives for years and they
work a treat.

You really need the maketape program.  You can then dd and tar the rest
on to the tape but the initial step needs to be done the "official" way.
To repeat a question already asked, where are you.  If you really can't
get over this then someone nearby can hopefully cut you a tape.

Cheers

Robin

Robin Birch