On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 2:27:59 AM UTC-6, Antonio Malcolm wrote: > > OK< I've hit another issue, and can't seem to find a decent answer when > searching: > > In Cinnamon, applets won't launch from the menu, and when I run: > > $ cinnamon-settings > > I'm greeted with: > > $ python: undefined symbol: pam_start > > I can confirm both Python and PAM are installed on this machine, as well > as python-pam. > So I was just sitting in MATE when I read this and installed cinnamon "sudo xbps-install -S cinnamon" Log out into lxdm Logged into it via lxdm. click menu > gedit It worked. lxdm seems to just work with whatever I install and no setup, perhaps that'll help. And for reference my /var/services agetty-tty[1-6], alsa, dbus, dhcpcd, lxdm, ntpd. I'll try with light-dm and will report back.