Void Linux discussion
* shlibs error when installing built pkg
@ 2015-08-19  0:27 oliver
From: oliver @ 2015-08-19  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hello All,

I'm trying to package the megasync app which comes as a .deb

I created the template file but got some errors about not being able to
guess the required shlibs:

SONAME: libssl.so.1.0.0 <-> UNKNOWN PKG PLEASE FIX!
SONAME: libcrypto.so.1.0.0 <-> UNKNOWN PKG PLEASE FIX!
=> ERROR: megasync-2.1.1_1: cannot guess required shlibs, aborting!

I added the following to .../common/shlibs and it built OK

libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto35-2.2.2_1
libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl35-2.2.2_1

But when I try to install the built pkg, it complains about the unresolved
shlibs again

$ sudo xbps-install -S --repository=hostdir/binpkgs megasync
megasync-2.1.1_1: broken, unresolvable shlib `libcrypto.so.1.0.0'

megasync-2.1.1_1: broken, unresolvable shlib `libssl.so.1.0.0'
Transaction aborted due to unresolved shlibs.

What am I missing?

Thanks

* Re: shlibs error when installing built pkg
@ 2015-08-19  6:11 ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-08-19  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

That means that any of its binaries need two shared libraries that aren't
available in the xbps repositories.

In this case this package specifically needs openssl and the sonames must
be `lib{crypto,ssl}.so.1.0.0`.

Adding them to `common/shlibs` is a workaround for xbps-src but not enough
with xbps. You'll have to
supply those shared libraries somehow in another pkg (openssl) or in the
same package.

* Re: shlibs error when installing built pkg
@ 2015-08-19 12:59   ` oliver
From: oliver @ 2015-08-19 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 2:11:17 AM UTC-4, Juan RP wrote:

> That means that any of its binaries need two shared libraries that aren't
> available in the xbps repositories.
>
> In this case this package specifically needs openssl and the sonames must
> be `lib{crypto,ssl}.so.1.0.0`.
>
> Adding them to `common/shlibs` is a workaround for xbps-src but not enough
> with xbps. You'll have to
> supply those shared libraries somehow in another pkg (openssl) or in the
> same package.

I see - thanks.  Makes sense now.  Any problem in just symlinking?

* Re: shlibs error when installing built pkg
@ 2015-09-02 10:16     ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-09-02 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Symlinking might not work at all, the LibreSSL ABI has changed notably and
if the application
wants to use any of the public interfaces that are available in OpenSSL it
will fail.

That's why I suggested you to build openssl manually.

* Re: shlibs error when installing built pkg
@ 2015-09-02 17:57       ` oliver
From: oliver @ 2015-09-02 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux