Void Linux discussion
From: opal hart <opal@wowana.me>
To: voidlinux@googlegroups.com
Subject: luasocket-2.0.2 lacks IPv6
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 01:33:30 +0000

Hi,

I understand the interest to keep packages at stable releases, but I
feel luasocket should be considered for an exception. The current
stable (v2.0.2) lacks IPv6 support, which has been added into the 3.0
release candidate. The RC has been out for several years now, and other
distributions including Alpine and Debian offer it on stable branches.
If this package saw an update, not only would I be grateful, but the
world will also come closer to complete IPv6 support.

--
wowaname <https://wowana.me/pgp.xht>