Void Linux discussion
* Adding a Tenacity package to Void
@ 2021-08-24  5:33 Steve Litt
From: Steve Litt @ 2021-08-24  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi all,

Audacity has been great software for many years, but now they seem to
be acting as police informants:

https://www.engadget.com/audacity-privacy-policy-spyware-accusations-data-collection-210001803.html

There's also a CLA (Contributor License Agreement) that's pretty messy.

I've chosen not to use Audacity. Meanwhile, from what I hear there's a
substitute called Tenacity: https://tenacityaudio.org/ ,
https://changelog.com/news/tenacity-a-floss-fork-of-audacity-ma7E ,
https://marketresearchtelecast.com/audio-editor-tenacity-audacity-will-soon-be-facing-competition/134373/
.

I just uninstalled Audacity from my system. I don't want the kind of
baggage their new privacy statement implies, whether or not they'll
ever hand over my info or whether or not I'll ever upload such info.
I'm not willing to take a chance.

It would be great if Void Linux could package Tenacity. I'd imagine
that because it's a fork of Audacity, building it would be similar.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-24  5:34 UTC | newest]