Void Linux discussion
* Void on RPI4
@ 2022-12-03 15:49 Mayuresh
From: Mayuresh @ 2022-12-03 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

A new Void Linux user here.

I have a couple of questions regarding trying out Void on RPI4B:

1. I did not see wifi working out of the box. What steps are needed to get
it working?

2. I have 8GB SD card and I'd like the image to grow and occupy all of it.
What is the way to do this?

Thanks.

--
Mayuresh

* Re: Void on RPI4
@ 2022-12-03 16:27 ` Đoàn Trần Công Danh
From: Đoàn Trần Công Danh @ 2022-12-03 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayuresh; +Cc: voidlinux

On 2022-12-03 21:19:02+0530, Mayuresh <mayuresh@acm.org> wrote:
> A new Void Linux user here.
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding trying out Void on RPI4B:
>
> 1. I did not see wifi working out of the box. What steps are needed to get
> it working?

The image shipped with wpa_supplicant, however, its service needs to
be enabled (its need to be configured before enabling):
https://docs.voidlinux.org/config/network/wpa_supplicant.html

	sudo ln -s /etc/sv/wpa_supplicant /var/service

> 2. I have 8GB SD card and I'd like the image to grow and occupy all of it.
> What is the way to do this?

Last I check (which admitedly, long time ago), the image use ext4 filesystem.
You can use fdisk, resize2fs to resize it. The steps is the same with
other distribution, you can look it up online.

--
Danh