Void Linux discussion
* Analog audio on RPI4
@ 2022-12-04  6:16 Mayuresh
From: Mayuresh @ 2022-12-04  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: void linux

On RPI4B I'd like audio output through the audio jack.

I have enabled this in /boot/config.txt

    dtparam=audio=on

`alsamixer' shows HDMI channel, `alsamixer -c1' shows the headphone
channel, both are unmuted and have full volume. But I do not get any
audio.

Also tried running pulseaudio and pipewire, but they result in a lot of
errors.

Any specific settings to be try?

--
Mayuresh

* Re: Analog audio on RPI4
@ 2023-03-04 17:20 ` Carlos
From: Carlos @ 2023-03-04 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 11:46:55AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On RPI4B I'd like audio output through the audio jack.
>
> I have enabled this in /boot/config.txt
>
>     dtparam=audio=on
>
> `alsamixer' shows HDMI channel, `alsamixer -c1' shows the headphone
> channel, both are unmuted and have full volume. But I do not get any
> audio.
>
> Also tried running pulseaudio and pipewire, but they result in a lot of
> errors.
>
> Any specific settings to be try?
>
> --
> Mayuresh

Have what you tried so far? Only dtparam=audio=on?

I had a similar issue with the headphone under Arch and resolved it by
having:

snd_bcm2835.enable_headphones=1
snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1
snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0

Hope it helps

Carlos

--
A list is only as strong as its weakest link.
		-- Don Knuth

* Re: Analog audio on RPI4
@ 2023-03-09 11:32   ` Mayuresh
From: Mayuresh @ 2023-03-09 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos; +Cc: voidlinux

On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 12:20:45PM -0500, Carlos wrote:
> I had a similar issue with the headphone under Arch and resolved it by
> having:
>
> snd_bcm2835.enable_headphones=1
> snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1
> snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0

Thanks. Tried as above, but still could not get sound on Void RPI4B

--
Mayuresh