Void Linux discussion
* your wrapper FlashPlayer Plugin Not Working
@ 2015-09-16 11:54 Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-09-16 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Both FIreFox and Chromium
it is like your install wrapper is not working or something,

even I went to this sight
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

it still shows flash not working -- shows a number of directorys it
searches and none of them are alive on Voild here you have your plugin
installed onto your/this Void system. along with it does not match what it
is looking for which is libpepflashplayer.so  not
libfreshwrapper-pepperflash.so -- I even install chromium and still it does
not have needed plugin libpepflashplayer.so -- I downloads Adobies
libflashplayer.so  cp it into respecptive directories maknig a few of them
that the sight showed in search path still no go in working

* Re: your wrapper FlashPlayer Plugin Not Working
@ 2015-09-16 12:35 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-09-16 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

The only *current* version of the Flash Plugin you can get on Linux
nowadays is through Chromium. You will need both the *chromium* package and
the *chromium-pepper-flash* package and it will only enable Flash in
Chromium. Using the legacy *adobe-flash-plugin* package may work with other
browsers, but it is by now pretty much outdated and much of the
Flash-Content out there on the Internet will not work (properly) with it.

* Re: your wrapper FlashPlayer Plugin Not Working
@ 2015-09-17 14:12   ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-09-17 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

There are two alternatives available in void:

- firefox and webkitgtk ones: adobe-flash-plugin
- chromium: cromium-pepper-flash

* Re: your wrapper FlashPlayer Plugin Not Working
@ 2015-09-18 14:10     ` Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-09-18 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan RP; +Cc: voidlinux

thanks guys -- Adobe left us Linux users hanging -- dem Bastards grrrr lol
this is how I fix it instead of having to install everything -- I found an
rpm - google-chrome-stable-45.0.2454.93-1.x86_64.rpm
then unzipped it and found the  libpepflashplayer.so plugin then created
the directory structor that reflected one of the search paths that the
websight was showing me then just chmod +x the plugin then moved it into
that directory -- problem solved

/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so

thanks again

* Re: your wrapper FlashPlayer Plugin Not Working
@ 2015-09-18 16:51       ` Duncaen
From: Duncaen @ 2015-09-18 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: xtr...