Void Linux discussion
* Connman cannot function without root permissions
@ 2015-10-30  3:54 Muddmaker
From: Muddmaker @ 2015-10-30  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

For some reason, connman cannot connect to its services, providing the
error:

Error getting services: Rejected send message, 3 matched rules;
type="method_call", sender=":1.26" (uid=1000 pid=2179 comm="connmanctl ")
interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply="0" destinatError getting peers: Rejected send message, 3
matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.26" (uid=1000 pid=2179
comm="connmanctl ") interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetPeers" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="nError getting
technologies: Rejected send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call",
sender=":1.26" (uid=1000 pid=2179 comm="connmanctl ")
interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetTechnologies" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"

When I am running as root, it is able to properly configure and connect to
all of its services, and I am able to connect to wifi, leading me to
believe that some executable doesn't have the right permissions.

Probably unrelated, but my enlightenment desktop occasionally segfaults. Is
this a bug in enlightenment, or am I missing a service? I have connmand,
dbus, lightdm, consolekit, udevd, and the virtual terminals enabled in my
/var/service.

* Re: Connman cannot function without root permissions
@ 2015-10-30 17:31 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-10-30 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I am not familliar with the connman service, but I would actually EXPECT
that not just any user can make changes to the systems network settings. If
you need to make network changes often maybe adding your user to the
"network" group helps? Otherwise just use sudo.

* Re: Connman cannot function without root permissions
@ 2015-10-31 23:22   ` Muddmaker
From: Muddmaker @ 2015-10-31 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux