Void Linux discussion
* System startup tries to fsck noauto file-systems
@ 2015-09-17 11:41 Donald Allen
From: Donald Allen @ 2015-09-17 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I have several USB drives that I use for backups and archives. I have
mount-points in my home directory and fstab entries that look like this:

LABEL=Primary                                   /home/dca/Primary
ext2    rw,noauto,user  0 1

Note the 'noauto' option.

After adding these entries to the Void system's fstab (I routinely use this
on my Arch systems), I could not boot the system, getting an error message
of the form

fsck.ext2: Unable to resolve 'Label=Primary'

for those drives that are not physically plugged into the system. The whole
point of this is to permit these drives to come and go, to be plugged into
the system and mounted when I need them. Again, this works as expected on
Arch. It looks to me like the Void startup code is trying to fsck
everything mentioned in fstab, including noauto file-systems. I think this
is a bug.

* Re: System startup tries to fsck noauto file-systems
@ 2015-09-17 13:21 ` Donald Allen
From: Donald Allen @ 2015-09-17 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux