Void Linux discussion
* Segmentation fault following update
@ 2015-10-27  7:57 Jeremy Mason
From: Jeremy Mason @ 2015-10-27  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hello,

Yesterday I updated the system using

$ sudo xbps-install -Syu

and recieved a large number of updated packages, including the 4.1.11_1
version of the kernel. Since then, when trying to launch MATLAB, I always
get a segmentation fault:

$ /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015b/bin/matlab
MATLAB is selecting SOFTWARE OPENGL rendering.
Segmentation fault

I have never observed this happen before. I had a working installation of
MATLAB before the update, and reinstalling the program does not help. I
tried to figure out what is causing this with gdb:

$ matlab -Dgdb
MATLAB is selecting SOFTWARE OPENGL rendering.
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.10
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015b/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB
-prefersoftwareopengl
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

So it looks like the issue could be with the threading library. At this
point I am not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Thank you for the help,

Jeremy Mason