Void Linux discussion
From: "André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz" <"andre.luiz..."@gmail.com>
To: voidlinux <void...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: sa.pr...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: How to set a new user?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 05:53:03 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Thanks, folks! I’ll do it as you suggest. But, with one thing learnt, other
doubts raise. Thorsten, In your example about users’ groups config:

 root@your_machine:/etc# grep your_users group
  wheel:x:4:your_user
  floppy:x:8:your_user
  dialout:x:11:your_user
  audio:x:12:pulse,your_user
  video:x:13:your_user
  cdrom:x:16:your_user
  scanner:x:20:your_user
  network:x:21:your_user
  kvm:x:24:your_user
  users:x:100:your_user
  pulse-access:x:997:your_user
  your_user:x:1000:
  wireshark:x:992:your_user
  clamav:x:991:your_user
  socklog:x:989:your_user

Could you explain what each group is? What they do, exactly? I’m not
familiar with ‘wireshark’, ‘clamav’ and ‘soklog’ (I might say I’m no longer
a newbie , but I’m still far from being experienced with ‘the guts’ of
Linux systems…!); further, what are those numbers after ‘x’ in each line?...

Regards!