In a just installed and updated system, I found that running named using the -g switch directly from the command line worked, but from the sv script, was failing with defunct. I changed the -f switch -g in /etc/sv/named/run mkdir -p /var/run/named || exit 1 chown named:named /var/run/named || exit 1 exec named -u named -g -c /etc/named/named.conf and sv start named worked. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "voidlinux" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/5348c28b-dbbb-4a52-a8e5-e81a9014fefb%40googlegroups.com.