Void Linux discussion
* wifi card (laptop) and Kernel ???
@ 2015-07-27 20:25 Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-27 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

OK - in Void Linux it is now turning off my wifi card on a low level
hardware manner, I say this because one its not the first time a Linux has
done this,. I have a HP 6930p Elitebook with a touch light switch for the
wifi. this time while I was trouble shooting radiotray, I command line
tried to start it, /usr/bin/radiotray .. get a line 13 error, then I
noticed my wifi went down when I tried to install something. pressing the
touch light wifi switch is useless, I know because it seems to shut off my
card on a hardware level, making the touch light switch obsolete.

the way I work around this is just boot up into my other different copy of
Linux then that gets it to turn my card back on. (dual boot) like I have
done right now. only this time after I got my care turned back on again. I
rebooted into Void Linux -- my NIC did not get turned on, even to the point
of it did not register in connman as having a wifi interface, it only
showed my bluethooth.

is their a way to initiate the wifi card on at the command line ???

* Re: wifi card (laptop) and Kernel ???
@ 2015-07-28  5:54 ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-07-28  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux, use...; +Cc: use...