Getting on linuxquestions.org would be nice On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 5:09:17 PM UTC-8, Logen Kain wrote: > > This is intended to be a continuation of > https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LogenKain/posts/LxkBfWqscxy > > > So what can we do to make life easier for contributors and users? > > Should we have a mailing list? Just use Google communities? (does anyone > actually use communities?) > Set up a discourse forum? It's fairly easy to do on a Digital Ocean > server for $10 a month. Might need to upgrade at some point but $10 > wouldn't be too bad to start with. > Is google groups good enough? Or does it make Void look bad? Personally > I think Void should have a forum that promotes Voidlinux more than Google. > > Things I know of that we can do to help void: > Raise awareness - more people = more potential contributors > Contribute package builds > Contribute code to the package manager > Documentation, I still use the Arch WIki whenever I have a Linux related > question. > If we could convince some North American Universities to host a void repo > that would be wonderful. > > Anyway, discuss. >