Void Linux discussion
* cups not starting
@ 2019-08-25 21:45 Rodney D. Myers
From: Rodney D. Myers @ 2019-08-25 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Just found Void Linux.following along with the wiki pages.

I'm having no issues, until I attempted to setup a printer.

Following the wiki;

https://wiki.voidlinux.org/CUPS

when attempting to use the browser, and point to localhost:631, I keep
getting "no connection errors", not sitting in front of that computer at
the moment.

My HP printer is connected via LAN, not that that should be an issue

Thanks
--
Rodney D. Myers <WG4USA@arrl.net> - wg4usa

        Ben Franklin - 1759

* Re: cups not starting
@ 2019-08-26 11:25 ` Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2019-08-26 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodney D. Myers; +Cc: voidlinux

"Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers.42@gmail.com> writes:

> Just found Void Linux.following along with the wiki pages.
>
> I'm having no issues, until I attempted to setup a printer.
>
> Following the wiki;
>
> https://wiki.voidlinux.org/CUPS
>
> when attempting to use the browser, and point to localhost:631, I keep
> getting "no connection errors", not sitting in front of that computer at
> the moment.

You did run this, right?

# ln -s /etc/sv/cupsd /var/service/

What does