Void Linux discussion
* changing terminal prompt when logged as su
@ 2016-03-15 17:34 Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2016-03-15 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I get the # when ever I log into terminal as su
how do I change it to show [root@domanName]currentDir# ?
I've added a /etc/bashrc and this inside of it.

#if [[ $EUID == 0 ]] ; then

if [[ id == 0 ]] ; then

export PS1="\[\e[41m\]\u\[\e[m\]@\[\e[41m\]\h\[\e[m\]\w# "

else
 export PS1="\u@\h\w $"
fi

 this only shows

and changes the shell to sh no longer giving me history using the arrows on
the keyboard.

what file and where did you (void creators) hide it so I can modify it to
get it to show a prompt I like more better then just #

and why it is such a hard subject to find an answer to on the internet?