Void Linux discussion
* Are there rootfs tarballs for x86/x86_64 somewhere?
@ 2016-03-09 10:03 marcin kowalski
From: marcin kowalski @ 2016-03-09 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I am very comfortable with installing my systems off tarballs , and setting
up bootloader by hand (mostly because installing along another distro that
has such things already in place). Void seems to offer tarballs for
embedded targets but not for x86 family.

Are those available somewhere else? I would very much prefer that to
typical installation.

* Re: Are there rootfs tarballs for x86/x86_64 somewhere?
@ 2016-03-09 11:14 ` Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2016-03-09 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcin kowalski; +Cc: voidlinux

marcin kowalski <yosh...@gmail.com> writes:

> I am very comfortable with installing my systems off tarballs , and setting
> up bootloader by hand (mostly because installing along another distro that
> has such things already in place). Void seems to offer tarballs for
> embedded targets but not for x86 family.
>
> Are those available somewhere else? I would very much prefer that to
> typical installation.

We have the scripts for it, but I think they are not automatically built.

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneuk...@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org