Hello, With kde programs I get these error messages all the time during compilation: /usr/include/features.h:148:3: warning: #warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE [-Wcpp] # warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE" What is the correct way to get rid of these? I started to use void in earnest now, and really like it. Below are some potential improvements. 1. I think it would be good to have this in /etc/profile: MANPAGER="less -s" Less is part of the base-system, so this could not hurt. 2. I think adding this to /etc/hosts by default would be also good: 127.0.1.1 For example every time firefox is started it tries to do a DNS lookup for the hostname. If it is not configured in /etc/hosts, or in the DNS server, then it will wait a couple of seconds before it times out. It is annoying, and it took me some time and an strace to figure out what is happening. I guess there can be other programs that do this. Regards