Currently, I'm attempting to roll a gdm + cinnamon DE, and have the packages installed, but configuration is going less than stellar. Adding the entries to /etc/rc.conf doesn't seem to do much good, as I can't launch gdm. Xorg is installed, and I can start that just fine. Adding dbus and gdm to DAEMONS=() in /etc/rc.conf results in booting to a command line prompt, only to see an "Error in module" message after authenticating. Adding them to /etc/rc.conf via enable_dbus="YES" and enable_gdm="YES" does nothing. Most of the current documentation from a Google search results in countless references to installing with systemd, but I'm trying to avoid systemd. (That said, it's tempting, because it looks easier.)