Void Linux discussion
From: Logen Kain <walach.o...@gmail.com>
To: voidlinux@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Decent Starting Point For Rolling A Desktop Environment?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 02:39:11 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

AMD seems to be doing something to make their support better for newer
cards. Something about an opensource thing they'll add to the kernel, and
their drivers will talk to that.  Hopefully fixing most of the issues
they've had over the years.

Their cards do typically take more effort to get to work, but when they
work, everything works.  My nvidia card?  Everytime I boot, after I finally
got brightness control to work at all, it is set at full blast.  There are
various settings in the settings menu that doesn't seem to be set unless
you open the settings menu.  By the way, I'm running an AMD card in my
desktop... VoidLinux does an awesome job. First distro it "just worked" and
has kept working, without me fighting with it.

But yes, back in the day, they both sucked but Nvidia typiclaly worked.
Now both of them work, but you have to try if you want everything working
well.