Void is very much based on freedom of choice. Such freedom can of course be somewhat intimidating at first, especially since you will need to learn how to do many things yourself instead of having them working out-of-the-box. On the other hand you will end up with a system that is exactly how you want it insead of trying to cater to the masses. It may take a bit of fiddling and looking things up online but I'm sure you can get things running the way you want. Reusing your current home partition should be fine. I have been doing the same thing through several Linux iterations so far and never encountered any major problem. Just bear in mind that there are several config- and cache-files on your home partition that may contain custom settings from your old Linux system. That should not be a problem though since you can change any setting later and caches should be updated automatically after a while. It is only a little problematic if you want to keep using your old Linux as well and share the home partition between both systems. I am of the opinion that home directories need some weeding out from time to time anyway :)