Void Linux discussion
* LXDE improving in Void Linux -- how to install more fonts, and which fonts to install?
@ 2016-03-21 20:59 André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2016-03-21 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi, folks!
It's being a long time since I was here the last time. I couldn't play with
Void Linux as much as I would like, but I'll try to revert this from now on!
So, being a KDE user since I knew Linux, I'm not familiar with LXDE
environment. It's unquestionably fast, but I miss some treats  I have when
running a KDE session. I found that LXDE seems to 'lack' fonts in its
configuration, and/or I couldn't find where to change fonts in its menus.
How can I do it?
I miss very much a GUI tool for such configurations as I have with KDE...
but I know there's a way to do it through terminal.
 I look forward to have some tips on this issue.
Thanks in advance!

* LXDE improving in Void Linux -- how to install more fonts, and which fonts to install?
@ 2016-03-23  1:08 ` JD Robinson
From: JD Robinson @ 2016-03-23  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I've been using Xfce myself,  though I had to download gnome and kde to use some of my favorite apps in it. If you're not worried with hard drive space you could just as easily do the same.

* Re: LXDE improving in Void Linux -- how to install more fonts, and which fonts to install?
@ 2016-05-10 20:40   ` André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2016-05-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi, only during my vacation I have a little free time to address this
trouble...

I've been trying to install KDE in Void Linux (in a virtual machine), with
the command " xbps-install -Sv kde" logged as root at the terminal, but all
the times all I got is an error message:
"

> libharfbuzz-0.9.41_1: broken, unresolvable shlib 'libcudata.so.54'
> firefox-39.0_1: broken, unresolvable shlib 'libcui18n.so.54'
> firefox-39.0_1: broken, unresolvable shlib 'libcuuc.so.54'
> libharfbuzz-0.9.41_1: broken, unresolvable shlib 'libcuuc.so.54'
> Transaction aborted due to unresolved shlibs

"
I've experienced the same hassle when trying to install LXQt...

Some idea about how to bypass this?

Thanks!

@ 2016-05-11 11:31     ` Simon THOBY
From: Simon THOBY @ 2016-05-11 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz, void...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
>  all I got is an error message:
>     libharfbuzz-0.9.41_1: broken, unresolvable shlib 'libcudata.so.54'
Have you tried running xbps-install -Su before installing anything ?
This is probably because you have an older package of icu and you are
trying to install a package depending on a newer version. Try updating
the database and upgrading your system.
Hope it will works

Simon Thoby

* Re: LXDE improving in Void Linux -- how to install more fonts, and which fonts to install?
@ 2016-05-11 13:56       ` André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2016-05-11 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon THOBY; +Cc: void...@googlegroups.com

I`ve just tried to update, as per your suggestion.
in summary, the final message of the system was this:
"

> Size to download:              266MB
> Size required on disk:         450MB
> Free space on disk:           6955MB
>
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
>
> [*] Downloading binary packages
> Certificate verification failed for /CN=repo.voidlinux.eu
> SSL_connect returned 1
> ERROR: [trans] failed to download `libnih-1.0.3_3' package from `
> http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current': Operação não permitida

"

Strange!...

@ 2016-05-11 14:31         ` André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2016-05-11 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: simon...

Further, even by tyhe beggining of that command I`vet got a error message/
# xbps-install -Su
[*] Updating `http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current/x86_64-repodata' ...
Certificate verification failed for /CN=repo.voidlinux.eu
SSL_connect returned 1
ERROR: [reposync] failed to fetch file `http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current/x86_64-repodata':
Operation not permitted
236 packages will be downloaded:
And then, after confirm dowload:
Certificate verification failed for /CN=repo.voidlinux.eu
SSL_connect returned 1
ERROR: [trans] failed to download `libnih-1.0.3_3' package from `http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current':
Operação não permitida
I'm afraid it's something related to my net conection at the virtual
machine...

@ 2016-05-11 14:36         ` Simon THOBY
From: Simon THOBY @ 2016-05-11 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: void...@googlegroups.com

>     Certificate verification failed for /CN=repo.voidlinux.eu
Wow ! How old is your system ? (rephrased: how long haven't you updated
it ?)
It looks like your certificates are too old to support the Let's Encrypt
certificate used on repo.voidlinux.eu.
Try maybe with xbps-install -R http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current -Su ?
Otherwise, if the aforementionned command don't work, try upgrading
manually your certificates and re-trigger an upgrade.

Anyway, i would like to point out that there is a very active channel on
IRC (#voidlinux at freenode) and you could get answers way faster.

Good luck !

SImon T

* Re: LXDE improving in Void Linux -- how to install more fonts, and which fonts to install?
@ 2016-05-11 19:30           ` André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2016-05-11 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux