Void Linux discussion
* How to set a new user?
@ 2015-10-15 20:21 André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz @ 2015-10-15 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi, I've just installed Void Linux in a virtual machine from its liveCD
(X86_64 version, with LXDE), for testing purposes; I'm looking for a distro
"systemd free" to, eventually, replace my current desktop system (Mageia)
and, so far, I'm very impressed and hopeful with Void Linux! Both liveCDs
I've got ('flavours' LXDE, and XFCE with "musl") run so fast they look
already installed in the HD! Quite impressive!!

However, I've some doubts; after installed LXDE version at a VirtualBox
virtual machine, when trying o run it for the first time, I've found that
there was only root user defined; there's no common uses set during
installing process...

In the initial screen, the system requires user login. I tried to login as
anon with default password, but it failed. I did login as root user (" su
"), with the password I set during installing (that text only installing
tool is much more simple than graphical tools I'm used with using Mageia
and other distros... but it works!). Being a KDE user (running Mageia), I'm
not used with LCDE sessions, and just don't know where/how to set a common
user, once login as "su" is not a good policy, even when working in a
virtual machine...! I couldn't find yet any graphical tool to set a new
user and other system settings, should I make this through a terminal?

I have other doubts about setting the system, especially some related to
multi-language input in Void Linux (with ibus), but I shall wait to clarify
such topics after have solved basic settings of the system.
I look forward to have a sooner reply from you, folks!
Regards!