On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 10:15:15 AM UTC-4, Juan RP wrote: > > The default pager is more(1), as you've found out, less(1) is more. > > So that if you need a decent pager set PAGER=less in your shell > environment. > I've done that. But my point is that the distribution shouldn't include an indecent pager by default, especially for something as fundamental as man. I installed from void-live-x86_64-20150713.iso and less was installed. I assume, but don't know, that it is installed by default by the other live images. But if it isn't, it should be. Not being able to move around freely in man pages is a real problem, and I think many will not know how to change the pager. And they shouldn't have to.