On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 9:36:09 PM UTC-5, Justin moore wrote: > > Since community is the base of most Linux distributions, I thought I'd > share some ideas a friend and I have. The main idea is a graphical updater, > the details however are still up for debate. In the end we want to create > some sort of daemon that runs in the system tray (like you've probably seen > in other distributions) and notifies the user when updates for local > packages are available. Our language of choice is Python and our GUI > toolkit is Qt5, which we both have limited to no experience with. Last > night I opened up Qt5 Designer for the first time and started playing with > different tools and came up with something very simple, yet effective (or > at least I think so). > > I ended up converting the UI file to python code which I have attached to > this post. If anyone is remotely interested in the idea, let me know if > you'd possibly be willing to help out. Of course your feedback is valuable > so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts. At this point there is no > git repository as there is no real work being done, though when things > start moving I'll create one. >